1. Online shopping is a wonderful way to save money as you can look around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, which means you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save much more money.
2. Discover the online store's return policy. In case you are considering making a purchase on an item that you might like to return, be sure you find out if returning the item is definitely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items can not be returned and you may not want to be stuck with an unwanted item.
3. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.
4. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials which are terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.
5. To guard yourself use a credit card when shopping online. The federal government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the consumer is responsible for is actually a mere $50.00 as compared to debit cards where the entire balance may be withdrawn by internet hackers.