1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. Be careful which sites you patronize. It is difficult to know which are around the up or higher and which are not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not sound right or the design seems off, go to a different site. Furthermore, if a variety of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
3. In case you have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function on the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer support representative to fix any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can present you with a lot of reassurance.
4. When searching out the best price to get a big ticket item, be sure to check the store reviews to see if other customers had a good knowledge of them. Additionally it is a good idea to check with the Better Business Bureau too. You want to make sure that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.
5. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to look at the description so you know exactly what you are purchasing.