1. Discover the online store's return policy. If you are considering creating a purchase on an item that you might want to return, make sure to find out if returning the item is surely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items are unable to be returned and you do not want to be tied to an unwanted item.
2. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the credit card statement is available in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
3. If you find a fantastic product on your own favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't have it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.
4. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
5. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking at a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to look at the description which means you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.