1. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product will be able to give you a great idea about the product. You could possibly find out the quality of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
2. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have an issue. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer care is and just how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have in the event that something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.
3. Although it may seem tedious, be sure you read the contract and terms before you purchase in a website. These documents have valuable information about what you can and cannot do when you have an issue with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly so that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to return items.
4. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the credit card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
5. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to look at the description so you know exactly what you really are purchasing.