1. When you're shopping online you should be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by looking for reviews upon them online.
2. When a company has a newsletter, sign-up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, promotions and discount codes to people on their own mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only subscribe to a company's newsletter should you really like their products and services and would use a coupon code.
3. A great tip to remember when you're thinking about shopping online is to make sure the site is legit. You don't want to be giving your credit card information away to somebody that could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.
4. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you desire to buy may have coupons or discount codes. Before you buy something, make sure that you have the ability to take a few seconds and do a quick search. You may even want to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
5. After you have found the items you want, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free delivery. Many times several coupons are offered. If this is the truth, choose the one which will save you the most money.