1. Before buying from the new online retailer, do some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the way it handles stuff like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look into the BBB to see if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions on its business before you buy anything.
2. Always remember your budget and credit limits while shopping online. The virtual realm of online shopping has got a lot of people in serious debt. You need to look at online shopping in the same way you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
3. Should you be looking for the best coupons, consider subscribing to the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to those that have signed up the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big desire for the brand, so the signup can lead to some phenomenal savings.
4. If you have questions while shopping, search for a live chat function on the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer support representative to correct any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can provide you with a lot of reassurance.
5. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.