1. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
2. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
3. Be sure that when you buy something online, you are aware of if the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in nowadays. Identity theft is quite common, and you also must protect your information in any way cost so you wish to keep making purchases online.
4. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. For example, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store in your area, you can look on the store's website and find out if they are accessible to be shipped to you.
5. If you're considering buying a product online, check out the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product should be able to give you a good idea about the product. You might be able to find out the standard of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.