1. Whenever you enjoy the convenience of frequent online shopping, it's very important to keep changing the passwords you use for each and every account. Every couple of weeks roughly, make up a new password for the bank and the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for that strongest passwords.
2. Look for coupon codes when shopping on the Internet. Many internet retailers give out discounts for various things and you can find them by doing a simple search. Just enter the name in the store and coupon and you might find a great discount. This can be a great way to spend less when you shop online.
3. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes can be found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
4. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the bank card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges that you simply did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
5. When searching for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as possible. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general notion of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.