1. While shopping online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to buy online. Employing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal at risk of hackers. Make an effort to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never utilize a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.
2. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to definitely a page after you've submitted your order detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
3. Make it a habit to sign up for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know each time a product has dropped to a price you prefer. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
4. Call the online company before you make a purchase. In case you have some kind of downside to your purchase, you want in order to know that you could reach customer support easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you provide them with your credit card information. If you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.
5. Talk to your friends about their favorite web stores. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no way you can find them all yourself. Talk to the people you already know to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to purchase. This can save you a lot of time and energy.