1. While shopping online, use a credit card instead of a debit card. This is because bank cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money inside your bank account. If a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a matter of hours.
2. Always remember your finances and credit limits while shopping online. The virtual realm of online shopping has got a lot of people in serious debt. You need to examine online shopping in the same way you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
3. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
4. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And in case you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the brand new deal.
5. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as possible. Reading many reviews will help you get a more general notion of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.