1. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
2. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you see there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.
3. Before you start your internet shopping, be sure that you've got up-to-date antivirus software. Internet shopping is a hotbed for suspect websites. Many people build stores with the goal to infect your computer with malware. It's best that you take precautions prior to visiting any stores, no matter how reputable you feel they may be.
4. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
5. When you shop online, make sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will assist protect your personal information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted check out into your web browser's URL box. The site is secured if the website starts with https. This stands for hyper transfer protocol secure.