1. If you want to save cash on the products you buy online and want to make online shopping more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some good deals if you place your bids in the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies just before getting started.
2. Should you be shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and find one which has a better reputation.
3. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
4. If a website is not secure, do not make a purchase. Simply check out at the web address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" as opposed to an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your bank card information. However, if there is no "s" inside the address, move on to a different site to be on the safe side.
5. When getting things shipped to your home which you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of merchandise. You have a straight to receive items according to the terms stated whenever you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Consult with the BBB for exact specifics and obtain what's visiting you fairly!