1. Be skeptical of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend if you are shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten if you went to the mall, as an example. Give yourself a limit and stick to it.
2. When you are online shopping, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Some people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on less than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
3. Be careful in regard to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, filled with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's preferable to be safe than sorry.
4. When searching out the best price to get a big ticket item, be sure to check the store reviews to see if other customers experienced a good knowledge about them. It is also a good idea to check with the Better Business Bureau as well. You want to be sure that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.
5. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.