1. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
2. When you are making any purchases on the web and you are required to create a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If somebody was able to see this password, they might have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
3. Search for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores also have some promotional offers taking place. If you do not find any details about current offers on the site in the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their discount codes on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
4. Shopping online is a terrific way to save money as you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so that you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save much more money.
5. Get engaged in the social media of the favorite internet retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put lots of money behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You can be one of the lucky ones scoring these deals with just a quick follow or fanning.