1. Get engaged in the social media of the favorite internet retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put a lot of money behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You can be one of the lucky ones scoring these deals with just a quick follow or fanning.
2. Discover more about the payment methods offered by the online store you are interested in. Most stores supply you with the option to pay with a charge card or with PayPal. Credit cards is a safe option only when the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is recommended to go through a different store.
3. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking at a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to look at the description so you know exactly what you are purchasing.
4. Be careful where you submit your credit card information. When you find yourself shopping online, always employ secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to guard your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS instead of the standard HTTP. There can also be a locked icon, in both your address or status bar, according to which browser you use.
5. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you could possibly score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.