1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have an issue. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer service is and just how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have in the event that something fails after you've made your purchase.
2. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually do that when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the Internet. If you opt for the first sale you see, there is a chance you will miss out on a better deal someplace else.
3. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
4. While shopping online, make sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This helps protect your own personal information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted check out into your web browser's URL box. The web page is secured if the website starts with https. This stands for hyper transfer protocol secure.
5. Be cautious which sites you patronize. It is difficult to learn which are on the up or higher and that are not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not seem sensible or the design seems off, go to a different site. Additionally, if a variety of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.