1. Be extra careful when you search for shopping deals on social media. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social media marketing accounts can easily be impersonated or even out-right hacked. Get your information about the social networking sites, then proceed directly to the main site from the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
2. Find out the online store's return policy. Should you be considering creating a purchase on an item that you might like to return, be sure you find out if returning the item is an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items cannot be returned and you do not want to be saddled with an unwanted item.
3. Try to find coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores usually have some promotional offers taking place. If you do not find any details about current offers on the site from the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their coupon codes on message boards or couponning blogs.
4. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you could possibly score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. Be careful when it comes to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, packed with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's preferable to be safe than sorry.