1. Before buying a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information about shipping costs, contact the seller to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
2. If a website is not secure, do not make a purchase. Simply look up at the web address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" instead of an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your credit card information. However, if there is no "s" within the address, proceed to a different site to be on the safe side.
3. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking at a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to read the description so you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
4. Before you make a purchase, compare prices on several websites. Search for special coupons and offers on these websites to successfully are getting the best deal possible. Also look into what it will cost for your shipping on your items and when there are free shipping options accessible to you.
5. When you enjoy the convenience of frequent shopping online, it's very important to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every couple of weeks or so, make up a whole new password for the bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for that strongest passwords.