1. A great tip to consider when you're thinking about online shopping is to ensure the site is legit. You don't wish to be giving your credit card information away to somebody who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.
2. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
3. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the credit card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
4. Be wary of any emails you get, even if they appear to be from the retailer you trust. Never click on a link that directs you to a web site other than the one you shopped on. Should you, you may become vulnerable to a gimmick. Rather than clicking on an email hyperlink, just go as much as your browser and type in the web site you need to go to. It is much safer that way.
5. If you want to save cash on the products you get online and would like to make internet shopping more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some terrific deals if you place your bids in the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies prior to getting started.