1. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases down the road, consider obtaining a separate bank card to use simply for these transactions. It is simpler to track all transactions when they are the only items listed on this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry regarding your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. Be careful which sites you patronize. It is difficult to know which are on the up or higher and which can be not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not sound right or the design seems off, go to a different site. Furthermore, if a lot of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
4. After you have found the items you would like, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free delivery. Many times several coupons are given. If this is the situation, choose the one which will save you as much as possible.
5. While shopping online, it's best to shop around to find the best price. Shopping online can make it very easy for the greatest price for just about any items. While shopping around, make sure that you only consider the prices from places where you'd feel comfortable buying from. Even if a cost is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.