1. Be extra careful when you search for shopping deals on social networking. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social media accounts can be easily impersonated or even out-right hacked. Get your info on the social networks, then proceed directly to the main site from the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
2. Transform it into a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know whenever a product has dropped to some price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you are able to ask for a price adjustment to fulfill the new deal.
3. When you are searching for a spot to buy an item and none of the results appear to be from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your details. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so you know the retailer is not in the market to take your hard earned money.
4. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a price reduction or some type of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you would like to shop at.
5. Shopping online is a terrific way to save money as you can check around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, which means you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save a lot more money.