1. Speak to your friends about their favorite online stores. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no way you can find them all yourself. Talk to the people you understand to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to shop. This can save you a lot of time and energy.
2. A reputable online seller must have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you decide to part with your hard earned money to determine if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't wish to be spending your money using a company that fails to provide.
3. Do more research around the online store you are interested in before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores having an excellent reputation.
4. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials which are terrible so that you know what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.
5. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and discover that being a requirement, tend not to buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.