1. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials which are terrible so you know what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
2. Once you enjoy the ease of frequent shopping online, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every couple of weeks approximately, make up a new password for the bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for that strongest passwords.
3. Before buying coming from a new online retailer, do some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the actual way it handles stuff like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look at the BBB to see if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions regarding its business before you buy anything.
4. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you want to buy may have coupons or discount codes. Before you purchase something, make sure that you have the ability to take a few seconds and do a quick search. You might even wish to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
5. Online shopping is a wonderful way to save money since you can check around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that this online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, which means you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save much more money.