1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Remember this when you are choosing a site to look from. If you don't feel at ease providing the company with your credit card information, look for another site. Try to find a web site that offers a safe and secure page when you're adding your credit card information.
3. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product should be able to give you a wise decision about the product. You may be able to find out the standard of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.