1. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and see that as a requirement, usually do not buy anything from them and shop elsewhere.
2. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.
3. If you want to buy a used product online, learn more about the seller first. You need to visit their profile to check out reviews authored by other shoppers who bought products out of this seller. Do not hesitate to contact the seller to ask a few questions about the product you are considering.
4. Prior to making a purchase, compare prices on several websites. Search for special coupons and offers on these websites to ensure that you are getting the best deal possible. Also look into what it will cost for the shipping on the items and when there are free shipping options open to you.
5. In case you have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function around the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer service representative to repair any issues or answer any questions before buying. That can provide you with a lot of reassurance.