1. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
2. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as you can. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general concept of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
3. If you like a web-based store, join their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals in your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to remain up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free freight or discounts on certain products.
4. When shopping for a specific item, check several different online retailers. Many times with a bit of searching, it can save you as much as 25 percent. Look at a number of websites to make sure you are getting the best bargain. When figuring each website's price, make sure you include shipping costs in your calculations.
5. Get engaged in the social media of your own favorite online stores. Brands with big online presences typically put plenty of cash behind their social media, and that includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You generally is one of the lucky ones scoring these works with just a quick follow or fanning.