1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Performing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. A good online shopping tip to remember is to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember whether you've enjoyed a good experience from them, and they can also obtain a reputation as a seller.
3. Before buying from the new online retailer, perform some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the way it handles items like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also check the BBB to see if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions on its business before you buy anything.
4. Be careful in regards to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, filled with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's better to be safe than sorry.
5. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know whenever a product has dropped to your price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you are able to ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.