1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have a matter. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll discover how helpful customer service is and how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have in case something fails after you've made your purchase.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that includes a better reputation.
4. While shopping online, be sure the site you are on begins with "https". The "S" means that the site is secure, which entails that you could safely enter your personal information without having to worry about identity theft. In case a site lacks the "S" in it, you might like to avoid using it.
5. Be extra careful when you look for shopping deals on social media. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social media accounts can be easily impersonated or perhaps out-right hacked. Get your info on the social networks, then proceed directly to the primary site of the store mentioned to wheel and deal.