1. While shopping online, use a credit card as opposed to a debit card. This is because bank cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money within your bank account. In case a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a matter of hours.
2. If you find an excellent product on your favorite site, search for it in an internet search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars this way.
3. Find out more about the payment methods provided by the online store you are interested in. Most stores provide you with the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. Credit cards is a safe option only if the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is advisable to go through another store.
4. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes can be found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
5. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Keep this in mind when you are selecting a site to look from. Should you don't feel comfortable providing the company with your bank card information, try to find another site. Try to find a website that offers a good page when you're adding your charge card information.