1. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials which can be terrible so that you know what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews having a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
2. If you find an excellent product on the favorite site, search for it in a search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars like that.
3. If you are looking at purchasing coming from a seller the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. Typically this will provide you with an approximate idea of what type of goods and services you should expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again should be given a large swerve.
4. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
5. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and find out that as a requirement, tend not to buy everything from them and shop someplace else.