1. If you are making a purchase online, ensure that you use credit cards to pay for the transaction. Bank card users are protected against fraud by federal law and therefore are only liable for $50 in these cases. Some card agencies will even go so far concerning wave the $50 for you, which means you will not be out of pocket.
2. When you shop online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to buy online. Employing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal at risk of hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never make use of a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.
3. Do more research around the online store you are interested in before ordering a product from their website. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores having an excellent reputation.
4. Find out more about the payment methods available from the online store you are interested in. Most stores give you the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. Credit cards is a safe option as long as the store features a secure server. If you do not see any details about safety, it is recommended to go through a different store.
5. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.