1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to read the description which means you know exactly what you really are purchasing.
2. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
3. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes can be found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
4. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, learn what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an internet search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the hard way and lose your money.
5. If you're concerned with whether a shopping website is legitimate or otherwise, do some research regarding it. The internet may be a great way to learn about other people's experiences with various sites. When the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can allow you to test out the consumer service, shipping, and gain a feel for the organization without risking a lot of money.