1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to look at the description which means you know exactly what you really are purchasing.
2. Before you start your web shopping, make sure that you've got up-to-date antivirus software. Shopping online is a hotbed for suspect websites. Some people build stores with the goal to infect your computer with malware. It's best which you take precautions prior to visiting any stores, no matter how reputable you feel they are.
3. Be careful where you submit your credit card information. When you are shopping online, always employ secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to protect your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS instead of the standard HTTP. There will also be a locked icon, in a choice of your address or status bar, based on which browser you use.
4. When you are making any purchases on the web and you are required to make a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of your e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to see this password, they could have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
5. When shopping online, make sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will help protect your personal information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted look up into your web browser's URL box. The site is secured if the website starts with https. This is short for hyper transfer protocol secure.