1. Get engaged in the social media of your own favorite internet retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put a lot of money behind their social media, and that includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You can be one of the lucky ones scoring these works with just a quick follow or fanning.
2. If you are planning to be shopping on the web, make sure that you practice it from a computer connection you know is secure, like the one that you have in the home. Hackers look for WI-Fi connections in public places while they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
3. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, learn what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do a web-based search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the tough way and lose your cash.
4. Pay close attention for potential sales online starting as soon as Wednesday. Many brick and mortar stores do sales on the weekends, and to compete, many internet retailers have moved their sales days up by several days. You can often find exceptional mid-week bargains with just a little online research.
5. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.