1. An excellent tip to keep in mind when you're thinking about shopping online is to make sure the site is legit. You don't want to be giving your credit card information away to somebody that could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe to use.
2. In the event you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it could be worth it to sign up for their email updates which normally have promotions and sales. This can result in savings for you as you may obtain a discount in the item as well as free shipping, which may add up to bigger savings if you purchase from the site often.
3. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a reduction or some type of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you would like to shop at.
4. In case a company has a newsletter, sign up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, promotions and coupon codes to people on their own mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only join a company's newsletter should you really like their products and would use a coupon code.
5. Be wary of the emails you get, even if they appear to be from a retailer you trust. Never click on a link that directs you to a web site other than usually the one you shopped on. If you do, you may become vulnerable to a scam. Rather than simply clicking on an email hyperlink, just go approximately your browser and type in the web site you want to go to. It is actually much safer that way.