1. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and see that being a requirement, do not buy anything from them and shop somewhere else.
2. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, learn what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an online search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the tough way and lose your cash.
3. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
4. Be extra careful when you look for shopping deals on social media marketing. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social media accounts can be easily impersonated as well as out-right hacked. Get your info on the social networks, then proceed directly to the main site from the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
5. Before buying from the new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the actual way it handles items like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also check the BBB to find out if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions about its business before you buy anything.