1. A good online shopping tip to remember is to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember if you've experienced a good experience from them, and they can also gain a reputation being a seller.
2. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, learn what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do a web-based search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your money.
3. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL and it also should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
4. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted an order detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
5. If you frequently shop online, make sure your antimalware is always top-notch and updated. Major shopping sites are frequently targeted by hackers along with other shady types who attempt to steal your own personal identification or get into your accounts. Heed any warnings your security software provides you with about sites and report suspicious activity to the webmaster of the shopping site.