1. When you are shopping online, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be asking for trouble. Some people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on lower than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
2. Be wary of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend if you are shopping online. You begin to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten if you went to the mall, for instance. Give yourself a limit and stay with it.
3. Call the online company before you make a purchase. If you have some kind of problem with your purchase, you want so that you can know that you could reach customer service easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you give them your charge card information. Should you can't get anyone on the telephone, steer clear.
4. Do not spend too much cash on shipping. Shipping charges can definitely add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free freight once you spend a certain amount, or use a coupon code that permits you to get free delivery. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
5. When a company includes a newsletter, sign-up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, special deals and online coupons to people on the mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only join a company's newsletter in the event you really like their products and would use a discount code.