1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews using their company people that have used the product will be able to give you a good idea about the product. You might be able to find out the quality of the product, if this worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
3. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it also should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.
4. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
5. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. For instance, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store in your area, you can look on the store's website and learn if they are offered to be shipped to you.