1. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the cost of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a certain quantity. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to squeeze into your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Possessing a full cart only to find out you cannot afford the shipping is never a fun experience.
2. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
3. Always look for coupon codes when shopping on the Internet. Many online stores give out reduced prices for various things and you can see them by carrying out a simple search. Just enter in the name from the store and coupon and you might find a great discount. This is a great way to spend less when you shop online.
4. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted an order detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
5. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by searching for reviews on them online.