1. Be careful where you submit your credit card information. If you are shopping online, always use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to protect your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS as opposed to the standard HTTP. There can also be a locked icon, in both your address or status bar, according to which browser you use.
2. If you like an online store, subscribe to their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals within your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to remain up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free delivery or discounts on certain products.
3. Find out the online store's return policy. If you are considering making a purchase on an item that you may want to return, be sure you find out if returning the item is an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items can not be returned and you may not want to be tied to an unwanted item.
4. Shopping online is a wonderful way to save money since you can look around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that this online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so that you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save a lot more money.
5. Transform it into a habit to sign up for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to some price you prefer. And if you've recently purchased at full price, it is possible to ask for a price adjustment to fulfill the new deal.