1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have an issue. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer support is and how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have in the event that something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.
2. Shop around when you shop online. You may find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from store to store. To be sure you get the best deal, look at some different stores to discover their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to get the best deal you can.
3. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, learn what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an internet search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the hard way and lose your money.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their own home page. Doing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can definitely add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free freight once you spend a certain amount, or possess a coupon code that lets you get free freight. Instead of paying your hard earned money on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.