1. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it may be worth it to sign up for their email updates which often have promotions and sales. This can lead to savings for you as you may get yourself a discount in the item as well as free shipping, which may add up to bigger savings if you purchase from the site often.
2. Be cautious where you submit your credit card information. When you are shopping online, always employ secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to safeguard your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS as opposed to the standard HTTP. There will also be a locked icon, either in your address or status bar, depending on which browser you use.
3. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL plus it should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
4. When shopping for a certain item, check several different online stores. Many times with a little searching, you can save as much as 25 %. Look at a variety of websites to make sure you are getting the best deal. When figuring each website's price, make sure you include shipping costs into your calculations.
5. Call the online company before making a purchase. If you have some kind of downside to your purchase, you want in order to know that one could reach customer care easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you allow them to have your credit card information. In the event you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.