1. Be careful where you submit your bank card information. If you are shopping online, only use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to guard your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS as opposed to the standard HTTP. There may also be a locked icon, in both your address or status bar, depending on which browser you use.
2. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the credit card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
3. Look for online coupons when shopping on the Internet. Many online retailers give out reduced prices for various things and you can see them by carrying out a simple search. Just enter in the name of the store and coupon and you could find a great discount. This really is a great way to save money when you shop online.
4. Discover more about the payment methods available from the online store you are interested in. Most stores provide you with the option to pay with credit cards or with PayPal. A charge card is a safe option only if the store has a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is advisable to go through another store.
5. When you're shopping online you should be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by looking for reviews on them online.