1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have a question. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll learn how helpful customer service is and how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have when something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
2. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes can be found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.
3. Internet shopping is a terrific way to save money as you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so that you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save a lot more money.
4. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
5. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually accomplish this when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the web. If you choose the first sale you see, there exists a chance you may miss out on a better deal someplace else.