1. Do not spend too much funds on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that allows you to get free freight. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
2. If you like an online store, join their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals in your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to remain up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free delivery or discounts on certain products.
3. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
4. When you're shopping online you should be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by looking for reviews on them online.
5. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually do that when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the Internet. If you opt for the first sale you see, there is a chance you will miss out on a better deal somewhere else.