1. If you're concerned with whether a shopping site is legitimate or otherwise not, do some research about it. The internet can be a great way to learn about other people's experiences with various sites. If the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can allow you to test out the consumer service, shipping, and obtain a feel for the organization without risking a lot of money.
2. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you might be able to score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
3. Always remember your financial budget and credit limits while shopping online. The virtual realm of online shopping has gotten a lot of people in serious debt. You need to take a look at online shopping in the same manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
4. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes are often found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
5. Online shopping is a great way to save money because you can look around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that this online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save a lot more money.