1. Before investing in a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information about shipping costs, contact the vendor to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
2. Be sure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Try to find "https://" in the URL from the site that you're trying to buy something from. If you don't see that or no symbol of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people with your account information.
3. Always remember your budget and credit limits while shopping online. The virtual world of online shopping has got a lot of people in serious debt. You need to examine online shopping in the same manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
4. If you are searching for the best coupons, consider subscribing to the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big desire for the brand, therefore the signup can result in some phenomenal savings.
5. Be wary for any emails you get, even if they appear to be from a retailer you trust. Never click on a hyperlink that directs you to a site other than usually the one you shopped on. Should you, you may become vulnerable to a gimmick. Rather than clicking on an email hyperlink, just go up to your browser and enter in the web site you would like to go to. It is much safer that way.