1. A great tip to remember when you're thinking about online shopping is to make sure the site is legit. You don't desire to be giving your credit card information away to someone who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.
2. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the bank card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
3. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one that has a better reputation.
4. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
5. If you want to save cash on the products you purchase online and want to make internet shopping more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some good deals in the event you place your bids on the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies prior to getting started.