1. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the credit card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
2. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
3. A good online shopping tip to remember is to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the two of you because you'll remember if you've enjoyed a good experience from them, and they can also obtain a reputation as being a seller.
4. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as possible. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general notion of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
5. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and find out that as being a requirement, usually do not buy everything from them and shop someplace else.