1. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And when you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.
2. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some type of deal whenever you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with registering for the newsletter at any store you want to shop at.
3. When you shop online, you should be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to purchase online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal susceptible to hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never utilize a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
4. If you are looking at purchasing from a seller the very first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. For the most part this will provide you with an approximate idea of what sort of goods and services you need to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again should be given a large swerve.
5. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.